“Let’s Learn and Succeed Together”
School Aims and Values
At Lily Lane, our goal is to ensure that everyone is highly motivated and engaged by their experience with us, be it a pupil, staff member, parent or a community volunteer, and to enrich their time together at school. Our school statement is, Let’s Learn and Succeed Together.
Children, staff and parents work actively in partnership to enable all children to realise their full potential. We aim for us all, as learners, to:
- feel safe and valued as part of a caring community that celebrates success.
- be independent thinkers / learners who are able to seek solutions creatively and co-operatively.
- inspire an ‘enquiring’ mind and ask questions.
- be confident enough to take risks in our learning.
- experience and actively participate in a relevant, enjoyable curriculum that evolves to meet the needs of all.
- be able to listen and articulate responses showing consideration to others.
- be polite and courteous.
- be proactive in our responsibilities towards the community, society, the environment and economy, linking ‘real life’ with our learning.
- understand and respect diversity.
- be aware of and recognise our own learning needs and be involved in planning future steps.
- develop a sense of self esteem: be well balanced and healthy individuals.
- For children to operate as independent learners and thinkers
- To inspire a love for learning
- To provide a relevant curriculum for all
- For children to value themselves
- To foster a sense of belonging to a community
- Develop a curiosity for life
- Try hard and always have a go
- Believe that no mountain is too high to conquer
- Strive to become the best that you can be