Code of Behaviour
Each class makes up class rules/class charter at the beginning of the year which everyone agrees will assist learning and support a happy classroom environment. In addition, there are school rules and values which are contained in the school prospectus and behaviour policy.
There is an expectation of high standards of personal behaviour and respect for others which will be encouraged and supported by parents.
Children’s achievements are celebrated in a special Celebration Assembly held every Friday. They find this very enjoyable and motivating. Rewards also include: ‘spotties’ certificates, postcards, texts home, praise and the opportunity to share their work with other staff and children. Considerate behaviour is also noticed at break and lunch times.
At Lily Lane everyone has the right to:
- feel safe, cared for and respected
- be able to learn to the best of his/her ability and to develop whatever skills he/she possesses
- be treated equally irrespective of gender, race, physical characteristics or any other factors
- be able to learn and play without disruption.
Everyone is expected to:
- be responsible for their own behaviour
- respect the rights of others
These rules have been written to make sure that Lily Lane is a happy and safe place to be.
1. We are always kind, polite and use our best manners.
2. We look after each other and are aware of other’s feelings.
3. We only use words and actions that make people feel good about themselves.
4. We focus on our learning and try our best in everything that we do.
5. We take care of our belongings and look after resources.
6. We listen to adults and each other.
- We walk inside the building and to where we need to be.
- We use the hand rail to go down stairs.
- We walk quietly to assembly.
- We are careful and considerate when moving through doors and hold doors for people.
- We only play games which are safe for ourselves and other people.
- We do not play games which involving grabbing or hurting people.
- We look after playground equipment and play with it in the correct areas.
- We go to peer mediators and adults for help if we cannot resolve situations peacefully.
- We stand still and quietly on the first whistle and walk to our line on the second whistle.
- We walk quietly to our classrooms when we enter the building.
- We do not go into the school building without permission from an adult.
Before and after school
- We do not play ball games or chase games before school.
- As soon as the school doors are open we enter the building sensibly and quietly.
- We do not go on the traversing wall before or after school.
- When the school day ends we go straight to where we should be.
- We walk our bikes/scooters on the playground and take them to where they are kept safe.
We say No to Bullying and intimidating behaviour whether verbal or physical; it has no place in our school. We ask for all parents and pupils to help us by reporting immediately any incidents, or concerns they have about their child, so that we can deal firmly and quickly with any bullying behaviour, involving parents if appropriate.